Sunday, July 12, 2009

Spa Day with Emily

I just fulfilled a pinkie promise to my daughter-- we indulged ourselves with a "Spa Day". Her teachers at school kept receiving spa gift certificates as thank you's and for birthday gifts, so she wanted to know what one was like. We picked up a cucumber at the store, I dug out an old sample of a face mask and we climbed in the bath, with bubbles up to our chin. Sliced the cucumber thin and placed on our eyes and relaxed. Pumiced our feet when we were tired of cucumbers on our eyes and had washed our faces sparkling clean. Once out, we applied face lotion, gently trimmed toenails and freshened up Emily's nail polish. The best part: didn't cost what a regular spa does. Oh, and the sense of closeness I felt with my spunky little girl. We have had two precious visitors in our house for almost a week now and she has been nothing but wonderful with them. I looked up at her after doing her toes and reminded her how I said that I knew life with more kids would be different, but that I would always still love her the same. Somehow, after a leisurely soak together, I felt like she could really tell I meant it. What a precious gift from my girl, to request that I pause from my endless merry-go-round to just enjoy her.

No comments: